American Red Cross
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
The American Red Cross Northeast Ohio Region is seeking a Communication Specialist. This position will be based in our Cleveland, OH Chapter. A valid driver's license is required!
Implements and participates in planning internal and external communication strategies that support Chapter and National key initiatives and objectives. Specialist is responsible for raising the local visibility of the Red Cross to help the community understand how to access local Red Cross services and how best to support its mission.
1. Develops and produces key communication vehicles and materials, including press releases, web strategies, op-eds, talking points. Also manages approval process for materials. Drives earned media coverage for fundraising programs and initiatives. Ensures distribution of nationally developed press materials to local media to raise local visibility for major corporate initiatives – For example: Holiday Giving Campaign, Holiday Mail for Heroes and other programs.
2. Develops story-lines and pitches to media, coordinates interviews, prepares spokespeople for proactive media relations that do not involve risk. Develops communication strategies and press materials in the event of crisis or reputation management issues.
3. Develops and implements a social media strategy. Crafts tweets and social media postings. Conducts outreach around individual posts.
4. Maintains positive relationships with members of the media and works with Chapter leadership and other staff to maintain these relationships.
5. Builds metrics as part of the communication planning process to measure effectiveness. Implements areas for improvement. Reviews and analyzes social media metrics: Likes, Followers. Reaches out to bloggers and influencers within the Chapter’s social community. Monitors trends and new developments.
6. Develops and maintains a Disaster Public Affairs capacity within the Chapter including the ability to communicate with clients and donors about local and national disasters. Participates in Disaster Public Affairs deployments beyond the Chapter.
7. May be responsible for supervising other full time and part time employees. May hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports and volunteers or give significant recommendations as to those supervisory actions.
8. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
9. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related filed or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience handling media relations. Demonstrates strong project management skills. Experience managing multimedia, video and print production required. Ability to identify a newsworthy story, write effectively and quickly. Experience using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
Management Experience: Preferred 6 months – 1 year supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated experience and results in producing web content and building traffic. Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the Chapter and National Headquarters. Advanced knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of social media platforms.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency with Video and Editing Software, HTML
Travel: May involve travel.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2Hhpvqe
Marketing Content Writer
Bellwether Enterprise is fast growing, national company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. We are an outstanding company, because we hire outstanding individuals. Are you creative, a great writer and enjoy graphic design work? BWE’s marketing department is looking for a creative person who likes to write, preferably about commercial real estate finance. Marketing creates compelling PR narratives, standout Ad campaigns and thought-provoking company announcements. We inspire our employees, clients and communities through our attention to detail, high-touch customer service and connection to our mission. BWE is a subsidiary of Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., a nonprofit company that advocates for and creates affordable and workforce housing in thriving communities. We are proud of our mission and communicate it often.
You must be an excellent writer, have a sharp eye for graphic design, solution oriented, flexible, self-driven and have the ability to think big, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Coordinate marketing strategy with marketing and creative director for local, regional and national markets
• Coordinate and assist in creation of marketing materials, company advertisements and email campaigns
• Write monthly newsletter template that can be customized for the loan originators.
• Work with public relations firm to build and execute advertising plans
• Plan, execute and oversee lender and borrower events for local offices, including BEST Borrower Incentive Program
• Manage and coordinate production of promotional materials for events and sponsorships, including BEST Program
• Content Manage all social media, Salesforce home page, website updates, including company news and new deal announcements
• Develop external email campaigns for local, regional and national markets
• Manage internal communications including newsletter, recruiting efforts and marketing coordination for all offices
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing and/or PR, preferably in commercial finance real estate field
• Possess computer literacy and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and have some knowledge with InDesign, IMovie or video editing.
• Energetic with ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrate a proven track record of multi-tasking.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player
• Self learner and self motivated
To apply: http://bit.ly/2LR9FWD
Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging
The Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging is a premiere, not-for-profit organization in Cleveland, Ohio, and a nationally and internationally recognized leading organization in the fields of aging research and services is currently seeking a full time Grants Manager. The Grants Manager works under the direction of the Executive Director, VP, Empowering and Strengthening Ohio’s People (ESOP), a subsidiary of Benjamin Rose, and Vice President, Institutional Advancement, Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging (BRIA).
• Position will research, analyze, identify, and cultivate funding sources and opportunities from federal and state agencies, private foundations and public corporations to help fiscally execute the organization’s mission.
• This position will spend a majority of time focused on grant writing and related support for ESOP (80%), funding needs and provide grant writing and related support as needed for BRIA (20%) and its other subsidiary organizations
• Writes and submits grant proposals and grant reports on behalf of ESOP and BRIA, and subsidiary organizations, and as requested and required by funders.
• Works with ESOP program managers and finance manager, and as appropriate, with specified BRIA staff, on all aspects of proposal preparation, including budget development, supporting project narrative and final grant reporting.
• Prepares and presents reports on all BRIA and ESOP grant activity.
• Maintains and tracks all standard and required documentation for grant proposals and submissions.
• Maintains accurate, timely and regular communications with ESOP and BRIA funders, donors, and prospects in coordination with management.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Excellence in writing, editing and communication skills.
• Minimum 5-7 years professional work experience in non-profit or comparable professional work environment.
• Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated successful grant writing experience.
• Experience writing successful HUD/HHS RFQ’s/RFP’s a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with project management, including strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to translate technical information and data for stories and cases for support.
• Proficient in MS Office software and online grants portal access.
• Drug Test and Background Check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates should apply by submitting resume to:
Human Resources Administrator
BENJAMIN ROSE INSTITUTE ON AGING
11890 Fairhill Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
Fax: (216) 373-1810
Printable Application Online: www.benrose.org
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Northeastern Ohio
Director of Major Gifts and Development
BHGH is actively seeking an experienced development professional to lead and oversee all aspects of the organization’s development work including donor engagement, major gifts, special events, annual fund, marketing and communications. The Director of Development and Major Gifts will play a critical role in the long‐range success of BHGH by increasing our overall fundraising and communications capacity, expand and diversify BHGH’s base of support,and increase awareness of our work. The Director of Development is a member of the organizational leadership teamand leads a team of full‐time and contract professionals focused on grants, database/research, stewardship/annual fund, marketing/special events.
‐ In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and execute a strategic funding plan, designed to sustainably grow fundraising year over year to sustain and grow our mission. BHGH raised $1.2M in operating during the current fiscal year with total income of $2.1M.
‐ Serve on the BHGH affiliate leadership team. Contribute to shaping strategic priorities in collaboration with other BHGH senior team members.
‐ Increase donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, engagement, and retention.‐ Personally oversee and be responsible for a portfolio of major donors, including prospecting, cultivation, conversation,ongoing engagement and retention.
‐ Oversee and when necessary participate in technical grant writing and partnership development with BHGH foundation partners.
‐ Lead and oversee all activities related to BHGH’s annual special events. Day of Hope ($100K net), Golf Tournament($200k net) and Associate Board event ($25k net). Full event management including: identifying, cultivating and soliciting event support, sponsorships, participation, marketing & awareness, committee management, volunteers,logistics (venue, program, day‐of activities), donor thanks, recognition, follow‐up, etc.
‐ Design and manage development campaigns, including development marketing and communications, hitting or exceeding select goals for donor growth, retention and engagement.
‐ Oversee BHGH’s development communications, tracking and management tools [Conversant with Salesforce CRMsoftware].
‐ Represent the development department to Board members and contribute to Board meetings as requested by Executive Director.
Have experience building and leading a successful development program including:
‐ At least 5 years of relevant development experience within a performance‐driven organization.‐ Experience managing and producing results within each portion of a development pyramid (e.g., prospecting,cultivation, conversion, ongoing engagement and retention etc.).
‐ Experience with or exposure to a diverse set of development channels and approaches including: major gifts,foundations, special events, peer‐to‐peer, online, etc.
‐ Experience with or exposure to marketing, branding and communications functions.
Have multiple years of experience as a team leader including:
‐ Managing and coaching team members to achieve aggressive development performance goals.‐ Be entrepreneurial and self‐directed, with the potential to experiment, pilot and scale significant new areas of development strategy and donor engagement for BHGH.
‐ Capable of recruiting and hiring skilled development professionals.Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.Have a bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree is a plus.
This is a professional position based primarily in the buildings and offices of Boys Hope Girls Hope Northeastern Ohio;though the incumbent will occasionally be required to travel to, and work at, program sites throughout the city to implement program activities. Occasional travel within the US may be required to attend meetings or trainings. The employee will normally work a fluctuating schedule that will include evening and weekend hours.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employees must make regular use of a computer and phone to perform essential tasks, including communicating with the public, program participants and staff. The employee will assist in monitoring program participants and staff.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with Boys Hope Girls Hope is on an at‐will basis.
Role offers competitive compensation and benefits package including group medical and dental coverage, 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, 125 Flex Benefit plan; and the chance to transform the lives of some of our region’s most promising young people.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 7, 2017 Sharon Warner, Business Manager
Cover letter should provide overview of relevant fundraising, special event and marketing experience, why you enjoy this work and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
• Development: 5 years
• Communications & Writing: 5 years
• Foundation: 5 years
• donor relations: 5 years
• Special Events: 5 years
• Marketing: 5 years
Canton Museum of Art
Marketing and Communications Director
The Canton Museum of Art (CMA), one of Ohio's premier art museums, seeks a full-time Marketing & Communications Director. This creative and energetic individual will develop, implement, and manage marketing and communications materials in support of the Museum’s mission to be the place “where art meets life” – providing opportunities for everyone to discover, explore, learn, and be inspired through a connection with American art. The Marketing & Communications Director will be responsible for content creation, design, and integrated communications for Museum publications, advertising, media coverage, website, and social media matrix, focused on increasing attendance, cultural tourism, and community support of the Museum’s programs and initiatives, including: exhibitions, education programs, special events, membership, fundraisers, and sponsorships. The Marketing & Communications Director is also responsible for developing collaborative events and relationships with local and regional arts organizations and participating in community events to represent the Museum.
• Envision and lead marketing and communications programs to promote the mission and vision of the Canton Museum of Art, increase community and regional participation, drive cultural tourism, and position the institution as a leader in American art.
• Create content, plan, and design printed materials and online communications.
• Craft all advertising and promotional copy to ensure clear, consistent messaging and branding.
• Cultivate media contacts, promotional partnerships, and other relationships to promote the Museum’s mission and programming. Execute media buys in the support of marketing initiatives.
• Plan and conduct market research and audience surveys that can drive decision making across the Museum for Marketing, Education, and Development.
• Lead the Museum in growing membership. Create new membership promotions and special events. Maintain membership database and regular communications.
• Manage the Museum’s interactive media including website, e-communications, and social media connections, including graphics.
• Increase representation on digital media, entertainment, and cultural calendars throughout the region and explore new digital media opportunities.
• Ensure multiple projects are executed on time, on budget and effectively meet goals.
• Prepare and manage the Museum’s annual marketing budget.
• Collaborate with Canton Museum of Art support groups to create marketing, creative, and public relations materials that increase their visibility; coordinate and assist with fundraising events
• Represent CMA to collaborate with local and regional arts organizations for new programming and community arts events in the Canton Arts District and Northeast Ohio Arts Corridor.
• Report to key stakeholders, including the Board, foundations, arts councils, and donors.
• Represents the Museum at local, state, and federal arts advocacy events.
• Supervise interns from local universities to assist with the Museum marketing functions.
• ·Work with the Executive Director to enhance the Museum’s brand platform and brand positioning across all communications. Work with all CMA departments in applying and maintaining brand integrity both internally and externally.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Design, Public Relations, or Museum Studies with a related field blending art/arts marketing. Master’s degree in Arts Administration a plus.
• Minimum five years of direct experience in marketing communications and design; Non-profit, arts and culture, corporate, and agency experience a plus.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; Social media platforms; and working with web content management systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven experience using best practices in marketing (including related technology), public relations, graphic design, web marketing, and print production.
• Excellent project management and decision-making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; Must work easily with a diverse staff, board, and audiences.
• Budget development and monitoring experience.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to exercise initiative, anticipate challenges and deliver solutions.
• Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, work with accuracy under a fast pace, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Demonstrated capability of writing clearly and informatively, and to vary writing styles to meet needs of the communication platform and audience.
• Skilled at developing relationships with strategic partners.
• Proven track record of creating and executing effective communications to increase community engagement and brand awareness.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule — including some evenings and weekends.
• A passion for art and advancing the CMA mission for dynamic exhibits and programming to engage, educate, entertain, and enrich audiences through a connection with art.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
For Consideration: The position is full-time, and salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. CMA offers an excellent benefits package, including health, Rx, and retirement. Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to:
ATTN: Marketing Director Search
Canton Museum of Art
1001 Market Avenue North
Canton, OH 44702
E-mail Application Materials to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Canton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center
At Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center, our development department is ambitious, strategic, and collaborative, focusing on supporting multiple programs and services that are critical for the community. We seek a team member who is strategic, self-motivated, and good humored who can help us advance our mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grants Manager is responsible for securing funding from current and prospective foundations at local, state, and national levels. This will include creating and maintaining an accurate grants calendar to ensure funding goals are met, prospecting new funding opportunities to support programming needs, planning and implementing specific strategies for each prospective funder, developing and updating grant proposal language, supporting financial aspects of grant management, producing grant correspondence/cultivation, and coordinating monthly meetings with program directors. The successful candidate excels at identifying and securing funding opportunities that align with CHSC’s mission and strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate has extensive grant writing experience with a view toward expanding funding opportunities for programs and services, expertise in collaboration with program staff, strong analytical and organizational skills, and has exemplary persuasive writing skills.
Since philanthropy is critical to our organization, and at times fast-paced, it is vital that the candidate has a mature mindset and can work very well on the team. We are a team that builds each other up, pitches in to help when necessary, and uses ingenuity to get the job done.
In short, we are looking for a candidate who is a builder – and will work towards growing grant revenues.
Oversite of Primary Objectives:
- Responsible for the strategic management and coordination of grants. Develop a comprehensive annual action plan detailing grant application timelines/deadlines, stewardship activities, etc.
- Prospect research new funding opportunities
- Develop and maintain stewardship activities with grant funders
-Manage internal process – coordinate and facilitate departmental meetings to review and prepare for grants
Essential Duties and Expectations
1 Prepare, edit, and submit proposals, reports, letters, and budgets for funders in a timely and professional manner
· Facilitate the planning of grant proposals and reports, including serving as the liaison between departments
· Plan and organize monthly meetings with necessary staff to ensure timelines are met, report requirements are understood, etc.
1 Maintain an accurate grants and corporate sponsorship calendar, tracking grant deliverables and timelines for both
2 Develop and execute funder cultivation and stewardship, including the scheduling of meetings, preparation of compelling correspondence (white papers, presentations, etc.), and active participation in donor appreciation activities, site visits, and events
· Identify, cultivate, and solicit corporations and foundations based on CHSC goals and objectives.
◦ Recommends solicitation strategies for corporations and foundations as it relates to CHSC’s campaign, special events, program and operating needs.
◦ Researches and reviews potential local and national funding sources.
◦ Prepares, writes, edits, proofs and submits grant proposals and applications.
◦ Researches statistical data to provide needs analysis as required for grant applications.
◦ Meets with appropriate personnel and assists with planning and making arrangement for site visits, including appropriate follow-up
◦ Maintain appropriate documentation and files
◦ Complete all necessary post-grant reporting requirements
◦ Prepares monthly Grant Activity Report and other reports as requested by management
◦ As needed, manages corporate sponsorship requests, including request letters, personal contacts, and request amounts for the benefit or other events.
1 Manage prospect research to support CHSC’s wide array of funding needs and develop creative funder outreach strategies
5. Develop expertise on existing donors, prospects, and how to communicate our work to supporters
6. Develop and update language for applications and proposals to support CHSC’s programs and services
1 Support financial aspects of grants and project management, including budget proposals; budget modifications, and working with the Controller on reconciliations and financial reporting
8. Work in conjunction with our Development Coordinator to ensure that institutional gifts and activities are properly entered in our donor database and appropriate acknowledgements are generated and sent
9. Contribute to the overall strategy of the fundraising department and work with the team to execute our goals
◦ Assists with CHSC special events and activities as necessary, including but not limited to the annual meeting, the Big Wheel Relay, the annual benefit, and the donor recognition event
◦ Support special campaigns through proposal preparation and stewardship
10. Perform other special projects as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years minimum of grant writing and fundraising experience
· Strong writing skills with particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner
· Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to interact positively with stakeholders
· Experience and ability to take the lead on successful team projects
· Strong research skills, preferably with funders using tools like Foundation Search and LinkedIn.
· Ability to learn quickly on the job and synthesize complex themes in writing
· Exceptional attention to detail and strong organization skills
· Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and perform under deadlines and changing schedules
· Must be self-motivated and able to initiate projects and ideas
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team
· Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database experience required, advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
· Energetic, positive and enthusiastic worker with a commitment to the values of the organization.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office especially on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Formatting and grammar nerds preferred!
· Ability to fulfill occasional local travel and evening/weekend obligations is required
Authority Within CHSC’s Policy & Procedures
1. Administers CHSC’s foundation grants ensuring that grants are written and that all reporting requirements are completed in a timely manner.
2. Meets with foundation grant and corporate sponsor personnel.
3. Acts as a spokesperson for CHSC at speaking engagements.
4. Provides support for special events.
5. Provides support for Annual Fund Drive.
6. Interfaces with donors and potential donors to answer questions, provide information and ultimately increase gifts to CHSC.
1. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or its equivalent in experience is required.
2. 3-5 years fundraising or grant writing experience is preferred.
3. Experience with fundraising software, particularly Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
4. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills required.
Send resume, cover letter, three references to Sara Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org NO phone calls.
Cleveland Institute of Music
Development Operations Associate
The Development Operations Coordinator serves as a member of the Cleveland Institute of Music’s (CIM) Development team and will be fully-versed in and exposed to the daily development operations of CIM; performing as a key figure in the effectiveness and overall ability of the department to achieve its fundraising goals, steward donors, and maintain financial records of donations. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Operations Coordinator will support the implementation of fundraising strategies to increase contributed revenues from donors to CIM.
• Manage and coordinate development-related Raiser’s Edge functions
• Assist with Telefunding, email, & Direct Mail campaigns
• Answer and return calls from patrons and donors within 24 hours of receiving messages on the membership and events hotlines, in coordination with the Development team. Provide excellent customer service to all callers.
• Support prospect researcher in conducting prospect research.
• Assist with scholarship and endowment fund reporting, lifetime giving initiative, and other major gift and campaign related reports.
◦ Attend events as a representative of the CIM staff
◦ Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-2 years’ experience in gift processing and data analytics.
• Strong preference for majors in the arts or demonstrated experience in a performing arts setting. Working knowledge of classical music a plus.
• Extensive computer skills- familiarity with databases, especially Raiser’s Edge.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Ability to adjust schedule as needed for support at functions, which frequently occur on evenings and weekends.
• Ability to do basic accounting and mathematical computations with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals.
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to https://cim.applicantpro.com/jobs/797672-280851.html.
As a Copywriter, you will write and edit persuasive and appropriate copy for automotive tire programs, corporate communication and RightTuren.com. We are looking for an individual with a love of language and strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual must have the ability to collaborate and work within a strong team. Our ideal individual will reflect our cultural values by having a great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Write and edit persuasive and appropriate copy for U.S. and Chinese automotive tire programs, corporate communications, and RightTurn.com, which includes copy for both print (point of purchase materials), web (websites, social media, emails, rich media, SEO), and video.
• Assist other functional areas with creation of communication materials.
• Create and communicate approved public messages and content on behalf of Dealer Tire and RightTurn.
• Evaluate business challenges and critically think about innovative marketing solutions.
• Become immersed in various internal, automotive, and tire manufacturer brand standards.
• Proofread materials for grammar, structure, style, and tone.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2J5YjQQ
Domestic Violence and Child Advocacy Center
Chief Development and Engagement Officer
Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center is seeking an experienced fundraiser to fulfill the role of Chief Development & Engagement Officer. Candidates must have a strong background in major gifts as well as extensive knowledge of resource development strategies in a human services or advocacy non-profit environment. Successful candidates must have proven success at creating resource development strategies, increasing financial results, and strengthening relationships with donors. Responsibilities include developing and implementing a robust donor centered major gifts program, overseeing fundraising activities, and creating an enhanced marketing program to increase agency visibility. Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of fundraising and management experience is required. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends as well as have reliable transportation to get to various meetings/events throughout Cuyahoga County.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Marketing and Brand Manager
Galley Group is currently seeking applicants for the position of Marketing and Brand Manager for our newest location, Ohio City Galley in Cleveland, Ohio, opening in August 2018. The Marketing and Brand Manager will work directly with our Vice President of Marketing to expand our brand presence in the city and build key relationships with local press. Successful candidates will be passionate about marketing, social media, and event management.
• Maintain and create daily content for Ohio City Galley social media channels.
• Manage our events program to include internal programming and private client event bookings via the GatherHere event management platform.
• Coordinate closely with the General Manager and Bar Manager on marketing initiatives and event programming.
• Build relationships with the Galley’s four chef-owners in order to create dynamic, unique social media campaigns and customized event package offerings.
• Create marketing materials and design products as they pertain to branding, social media, promotion, sales and direct marketing.
• Enhance the Galley’s online presence, social following, and customer-base through interaction and innovative campaign creation.
• Execute social media and direct-marketing campaign tracking, analysis, and competitive benchmarking.
• Work in conjunction with Galley Group’s Public Relations firm and assist in managing local press relations.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Prior social media management experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and skilled at multitasking.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships.
• Experience with events, hospitality and/or the food service industry is a strong plus.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or photography is a plus.
• Independent work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
• Salary + commission compensation structure.
• Full health benefits package, to include dental and vision coverage.
• Opportunity for annual performance-based bonuses.
• Paid vacation.
• Travel and parking reimbursements.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2JoHFLG
Client Engagement Assistant
The Client Engagement Assistant will be a key member of the Client Engagement Team. He or she will be part of a collegial, collaborative, and ambitious effort to grow our reach and better serve the nonprofit sector. The Client Engagement Assistant will gain experience managing data and creating reports in Salesforce and other systems; generate sales proposals and contracts; maintain calendars, files, and records; prepare details and materials for travel, meetings, and events; and provide other essential support for members of the department.
Experience entering data in a database system.
Excellent verbal communication and analytic skills.
Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and decision-making skills.
Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
Commitment to customer service, internally and externally.
Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Ability to perform diverse tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work well under time pressure.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
At least a high school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1+ years’ experience working in an office environment.
Location: This position will be based in the firm’s Cleveland office, with some work from home and possible travel for meetings and events.
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Compensation: Based on experience. Benefits include Paid Time Off, health insurance, and Simple IRA plan.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting applications thru June 15 or until the position is filled.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact those individuals being considered for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Major Gifts
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Application Deadline: June 7, 2018
To design, manage and implement ideastream’s annual leadership giving program and increase the revenue generated from individual donors to ideastream through the cultivation and solicitation of leadership/major donor prospects with a gift potential of $1000 and more. To build a strong base of the highest level volunteers in the Northeastern Ohio area to assist in advancing ideastream’s major gifts program.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Manage ideastream’s annual leadership giving program (ideaLeaders)
Develop innovative leadership giving cultivation and solicitation strategies; plan coordinate and execute cultivation and solicitation events and activities, in person and written form.
To develop and sustain donor/prospect relationships, individually, or in tandem with Board, high-level volunteers and senior administrators.
To steward relationships for continued and increased support in subsequent years.
Identify, recruit, train and motivate leadership giving committee members and volunteer solicitors and guide their efforts to secure leadership gifts.
Secure leadership gifts, meet or exceed revenue targets.
Write and edit reports, business correspondence and fundraising materials.
Handle day-to-day administrative details with respect to current leadership donors.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Aptitudes:
Must be a highly sophisticated, polished, articulate and energetic self-starter with a proven track record in successfully meeting fundraising/sales goals.
Ability to lead and motivate others. Ability to work effectively with diverse constituents.
Ability to identify, cultivate and sustain relationships with high level benefactors.
Superior organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
Understanding of general fundraising principles, non-profit or business
administration, volunteer and committee management, event planning. Knowledge of planned giving vehicles a plus.
Must be computer literate in a PC environment
Familiarity with philanthropic individuals and families in Northeast Ohio preferred.
Seasoned level of successful major donor cultivation and solicitation experience or the equivalent of this type of experience in a related field (such as corporate sales).
Experience working with senior administrators, board level
volunteers and philanthropic individuals/families.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required. Advanced degree preferred.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Work will be done in an open office environment. The workspaces are sometimes noisy. Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices is required. Must be able to travel to donor homes and event sites as necessary. Work at events will sometimes occur on evenings and weekends.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2J7o13x
Manager Marketing and Development
Responsible for key components of Ingenuity’s marketing and development programs, working with the Executive and Artistic Directors. A major focus of the position is to help organize, promote, and find funding for the annual 3-day IngenuityFest. The ongoing development responsibilities include managing corporate sponsorships, fundraising events, foundation outreach, and the Annual Fund, to ensure that Ingenuity reaches its income goals. Through marketing and social media strategies, the Marketing/Development Manager will build Ingenuity’s network of supporters and increase our visibility.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2snN8c4
Development Associate (Part-Time)
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer (“CAO”), the Development Associate is primarily responsible for helping maintain records, communicate with donors, manage a calendar of events and assist the CAO carry out fundraising activities for InMotion. This position will also work closely with the Development Committee of the Board of Directors. This position is part-time, 16 – 20 hours per week, as established with the CAO.
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s Degree, 3 – 5 years experience in the field of fundraising and/or event management; 3 – 5 years experience with Raiser’s Edge software; strong written and verbal skills; high proficiency with MS Office products and databases; ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality; flexibility in working hours to accommodate evening and/or weekend event activities; ability to take initiative, think strategically, and work effectively as part of a team; demonstrated sensitivity and compassion for people with a chronic disease. Experience with social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nancy McCann at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Development and Event Coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for all aspects of the development program including fundraising; major gifts; corporate and individual gifts; and donor stewardship activity, as well as public relations, marketing, special events and management of the donor database and social media. Qualifications include, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree, and 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising, events, and communication functions. Excellent writing, speaking and computer skills required.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2xFbNOy
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating visual layouts for program marketing materials, print layouts for newsletters, brochures and flyers and digital graphics for email, web, and social media campaigns. Will have the creative ability to conceptualize designs of event promotions including signage, promotions and presentation materials, while maintaining the agencies brand standards. The Communications Specialist will support marketing request from all agency programs and may be involved in the planning, organization and implementation of special events or department specific projects or seasonal program changes. Employee may be asked to complete related duties other than those indicated above as assigned by their supervisor. This opportunity requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications or a related field.
Create consistent visual layouts for program marketing materials
Create print layouts for newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.
Create digital graphics for email, web, social media and video campaigns
Conceptual design of event collateral, including signage, promotions and presentation materials
Select colors, images, text style, and layout, that uphold brand standards
Incorporate changes recommended by the program staff into the final design
Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
Assemble and pre-flight projects to prepare for digital publication, printers or other third party vendors
Provide additional creative support as needed, including photography, print material assembly, etc.
Support marketing requests from agency programs.
Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events or department specific projects or seasonal program changes.
In times of need, employee may be asked to complete related duties other than those indicated above as assigned by their supervisor.
Work involves communication in various ways with staff, potential clients and the community. Must have strong English reading, writing and verbal skills
Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks
Attention to detail and confidentiality required
High level of computer literacy skills, including Windows applications, Microsoft Office Suite and CMS platforms. Basic knowledge of HTML. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required.
Bachelor’s degree required; preferably communications or related field.
Committed to creating a more diverse community, we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/V IND15
R-Social Media Novice
R-Social Engagement Novice
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Bachelors or better in Communication or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2LeaAQ6
Saint Martin de Porres High School
Advancement and Marketing Coordinator
Saint Martin de Porres, Cleveland’s Cristo Rey®high school seeks faculty, staff, and administration who value a student-centered approach to education and model a work ethic characterized by diligence, persistence, and dedication. We are a community that believes all academic work should be rooted in the experiences of our students.
As Cleveland’s Cristo Rey high school, we are part of a national network of schools delivering a powerful and innovative approach to inner-city education. We equip students from economically-disadvantaged families with the knowledge, character and skills to transform their lives. This mission is carried out through every position in our community. If you have the overall qualifications and are inspired to join a community that is transforming urban education in Cleveland, we strongly encourage you to consider this opportunity.
Saint Martin de Porres is seeking a full-time Advancement & Marketing Associate. Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement this position is integral to the success of both the advancement and marketing operations. With a combination of administrative responsibilities and strategic input, this position is a highly valued member of the team. If you are a highly organized self-starter, comfortable managing detail-oriented projects, who always puts the donor first and functions well on a close-knit team, this position may be for you.
• Strategically and proactively manage all donor records including gift entry, data maintenance, report generation and acknowledgment letters
• Research and create queries, reports, and exports to meet the fundraising and communications efforts
• Analyze and summarize reporting data and lists from donor database, Raiser’s Edge
• Manage prospect lists, reporting, and coordination of campaign efforts, including Annual Fund, Birthday Bash, and Capital Campaign
• Serve as site administrator for Raiser’s Edge including troubleshooting hosting login issues, ongoing data maintenance and segmentation
• Manage all print and digital communications to donors, families, alumni, Corporate Work Study Partners, and community supporters.
• Coordinate letters and mailings for Advancement Department and major school events, including solicitations, event invitations, and stewardship materials
• Assist in coordinating the Birthday Bash annual fundraiser including management of auction software and credit card processor; track and enter guests, sponsorships, gifts
and auction items; Orchestrate night of event process and manage volunteers.
• Working collaboratively with the marketing manager, maintain social media channels, website, and email marketing account
• In partnership with the marketing manager develop all messaging across all platforms, including social media, website, external communications, onsite signage, and promotional items
• Collaborate with Advancement, Corporate Work Study, Admissions, and Academic departments to execute promotional campaigns
• Provide administrative and office managerial support to Advancement and Marketing Team
• Provide administrative support to the Marketing and Advancement Committees of the board
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of three years of successful experience working with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising/donor database in a data-intensive non-profit. You will be highly customer service focused with exceptional skills in Google suite of programs, MailChimp/Constant Contact and have a growth mindset around efficient operations. Able to prioritize work with minimal supervision and a high respect for confidential information. Holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, nonprofit management or other related field required. A person of faith, but not necessarily Catholic.
• Fundraising: 3 years
To apply: http://bit.ly/2JbbtZb
Employee Communications Manager
This position works with company leaders to create an employee communication strategy and execute those communication activities that build our brand, reputation and employee engagement. The position has two main areas of focus:
1 Employee engagement: The employee communications manager partners with HR and other key departments to create programs that increase our employee engagement across the organization and also to increase organizational effectiveness in achieving business objectives. Provides the strategies and tools necessary to execute communications to employees, including executive communication. This role is also critical in building the communication competency of managers across the company to strengthen both the formal and informal communication that will lead to higher employee engagement.
2 Cross-audience communication: This position works with leadership to establish strategic communications plans and direct execution of those plans. While employee communications is the heaviest component of this part of the role, the integrated communications plans will address all audiences, both internal and external.
This key position requires a leader who brings a wealth of diverse communication experience and can serve as a consultant to senior leadership, as well as work collaboratively across the businesses to achieve company objectives.
• Develop a robust employee engagement strategy,that supports the TimkenSteel Experience.
◦ Develop communications programs that achieve a more engaged workforce, including corporate/executive communications as well as technical communications, such as benefits.
◦ Develop a process for flow (and knowledge sharing infrastructure) of information to groups within our leadership ranks, including the executive team, pay managers and other key groups.
◦ Ensure “one voice” consistency across the organization while tailoring communication to diverse internal audiences.
◦ Develop metrics for employee engagement.
• Act as a consultant to senior leadership as we develop an executive communication plan for internal audiences. Provide both the vehicles and messaging/speech-writing support for that effort.
• Maintain and direct the key internal delivery channels, including SteelNET news and SteelTV while gathering input from the larger communications team.
• Develop strategic, integrated communications plans for the organization that support business objectives and improve organizational effectiveness, including but not limited to safety, quality, business process improvement and change management communications.
• Serve as a senior leader on the communications team, able to step into crisis communication situations and work across functional areas of the department as needed.
Desired Technical Skills:
• Experience developing internal communication strategies to create employee engagement, executing the strategies in dynamic organizations and evaluating/measuring the effectiveness of internal communications.
• Understanding of integrated communications strategy, as well as experience with key functional areas of internal and external communications.
• A significant amount of work/collaboration with senior leadership and the development of an effective executive and manager communication program. Strong executive influencing skills.
• Outstanding professional writing, editing and oral communication skills, including executive writing, strategic messaging, crisis communications, event planning, communication channel management and translation of technical business information into terms lay audiences understand.
• Self-driven, motivated, proactive, capable of understanding how various initiatives fit into a larger strategy (i.e. ‘connecting the dots’) and able to multi-task among multiple programs and tactics.
• Ability to collaborate and nurture relationships across the business.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in communication or related area of study with 12 years of relevant experience, or a Master's Degree with 10 years relevant experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in communication or related area of study with 20 years of relevant experience, or a Master's Degree with 15 years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply: http://bit.ly/2J9XLWa
University of Toledo
Director of Development
Located in Toledo, OH --- The Director of Development will play an integral role in the preparation and execution of the University’s largest comprehensive campaign, as the College of Nursing and the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences forge new trails in education and research.
The new Director of Development will:
• Advance the missions of the College of Nursing, the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal engagement and financial commitment from alumni and donors
• Build a strong major gift and philanthropic culture throughout the Colleges
• Partner with the Deans, faculty, officers, and Advancement staff to implement major gift fundraising strategies, plans, and goals
• Lead gift solicitations, in concert with University leaders, to fund programs and to strengthen the resources of the Colleges
• Implement strategies to connect and engage alumni, faculty, community members, and local and national philanthropists in major gift opportunities
• Meet or exceed specific goals, including donor visits, donor retention and acquisition, and dollars raised
• Have a passion for the mission of the University and its impact on its students, alumni and community
For a complete position profile and application info, visit: http://bit.ly/UTNursingPharmacy
Urban Community Schools
Development and Grants Manager
The primary responsibility of this position is securing grant funding and managing the grants process. The Development and Grants Manager is responsible for setting monthly and annual targets, works toward researching new opportunities, and draft all correspondence with funders. The Development and Grants Manager assists the Advancement Director, President and Board in developing a comprehensive development and grant funding program to meet the short-term and long-term needs of the school.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
Studies the overall purpose of the organization and prioritizes goal according to 1-year, 5-year and long-range objectives.
Manages a robust grant fundraising program, including the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
Researches all grant opportunities.
Writes all grant requests and collaborates with Advancement Director on additional development solicitation and stewardship including requests and reports.
Creates and maintains a grants calendar.
Tracks and maintains all grant records and actions in Raisers Edge.
Sets regular targets for new grants and funding figures.
Meets weekly with the Advancement Director regarding goals and strategies; researches and assists in prospecting for financial support, including foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals and determines best means of contacting each prospect.
Develops fundraising literature suitable for the general public and previous small gift donors.
Develops literature for major donors explaining the uses and benefits of charitable giving, as well as, charitable giving as part of estate planning.
Collaborates with the Advancement Director concerning strategizing for individual meetings for the purpose of offering personalized strategies for giving to prospects.
Handles other duties as assigned.
3-5 Years experience in development and/or grant writing role.
Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
Strong computer abilities and proficiency in databases, word-processing, spreadsheets and learning new software.
Excellent communications skills; verbal, written, interpersonal.
Service oriented with ability to effectively interact with donors, board and administration.
Ability to work with confidential information.
Resourceful with ability to work independently and as a member of a planning team.
Eagerness to participate in skills enhancements.
Appropriate technical skills, including previous use of the following: Microsoft Word, Excel; Internet, E-mail, Desktop publishing, fax, copier, printer, scanner.
To apply: email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Westlake Porter Public Library
This position is responsible for the creation and execution of a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan for the library. Responsibilities include developing both our marketing assets and content, and managing all aspects of PR in support of our reputation in the community. From concept through execution, this candidate will bring the library’s brand to life and keep it consistent across all our various media touch points. This position is also responsible for crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing of library programs and special events, as well as managing our social media and website content. Supervises two direct reports.
Salary: $54,000.00 to $81,000.00 /year
• Marketing: 5 years
Friday, June 22, 2018
Questions regarding any open position should be directed to Human Resources at
(440) 250-5453. For your convenience, applications are available at the Reception Desk or on our website: www.westlakelibrary.org.